Changes for 2017
The Corolla has been a mainstay across the roads of Orange and Westminster for over 50 years. There have been more than 40 million models sold worldwide since the line was introduced, with 11 generations representing a reliable and comfortable way to make it from A to B all over the world. For 2017, that legacy is being celebrated with a 50th Anniversary Limited Edition model. Only 8,000 will be sold, and each one comes with stunning design touches.
The 2017 Toyota Corolla is available in the following seven trim levels:
- L: Starting at $18,500*, the L model offers features such as Bluetooth connectivity, bi-LED headlight, LED Daytime Running Lights (DLR), and the driver assistance technologies of the Toyota Safety Sense package.
- LE: Starting at $18,935*, the LE makes a number of upgrades, including an integrated backup camera, 6.1-inch touchscreen, and remote keyless entry.
- LE Eco: Starting at $19,335*, the LE Eco parcels the features of the regular LE with Valvematic engine technology for enhanced efficiency.
- XLE: Starting at $21,825*, the XLE features a Smart Key System with Push Button Start, Entune Audio Plus with Connected Navigation app, and heated front seats.
- SE: Starting at $20,445*, the SE stands out with a chrome-tipped exhaust, gloss-black, mesh-pattern grille, rear spoiler, and 17-inch machined alloy wheels with black-painted accents.
- 50th Anniversary Special Edition: Starting at $21,900*, the Special Edition comes with unique badging, Special Edition floor mats, and Black Cherry interior accent stitching.
- XSE: Starting at $22,680*, your top of the line XSE possesses integrated navigation, SofTex-trimmed front seats, and a power tilt and slide moonroof with sliding sunshade.
Powertrains and MPG
The 2017 Toyota Corolla comes fitted with a sophisticated 1.8L four-cylinder as standard. Thrumming with up to 132-hp and 128 lb.-ft. of torque, it provides a more than healthy output for a compact sedan, ensuring an artful blend of lightning acceleration and controlling cruising that fits with the Corolla’s unrivaled reputation for versatility.
Efficiency scores are also impressive, coming in at:
- 27 mpg in the city and 35 mpg on the highway with six-speed manual**
- 28 mpg in the city and 36 mpg on the highway with Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)**
You even have the option to upgrade to the Eco model in order to boost your output up to 140-hp while simultaneously raising efficiency scores to 30 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway**.
The Toyota Corolla’s ability to fuse sleek exterior lines with a spacious and versatile cabin goes a long way towards explaining the line’s enduring popularity, and that hasn’t changed for 2017.
Available features such as a leather-wrapped steering wheel and heated front seats ensure a comfort-focused drive, and a 60/40-split folding rear seat is available if you need to take larger pieces of cargo. Space is strong for both passengers and luggage, with up to 13 cubic feet of trunk space and a generous 97.5 cubic feet of passenger space.
It’s uncommon to find a compact sedan that can deliver the kind of top-tier technologies Orange and Westminster drivers will find within the 2017 Toyota Corolla.
You’ll be able to take advantage of:
- Integrated Backup Camera: Activates automatically when you enter reverse to provide a clear view of the area behind your Corolla.
- Entune Premium Audio with App Suite: Use popular apps such as OpenTable, MovieTickets, and Pandora right from the Corolla’s touchscreen display.
- Entune Audio Plus with Navigation: Turn-by-turn directions and high-resolution geographical renderings help you get where you need to go without delay.
The Corolla is set to become a favorite among California families thanks to a stunning array of safety features as standard. Each and every model comes with the following driver assistance technologies of the Toyota Safety Sense package at no added cost:
- Pre-Collision System with Pedestrian Detection (PCS w/PD)
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist (LDA w/SA)
- Automatic High Beams (AHB)
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC)
The 2017 Corolla is Now Available to Test Drive at Toyota Place
The 2017 Corolla has upped the ante by introducing cutting-edge features as standard, so this should be at the top of your list if you’re looking for a compact sedan. To find out more, just contact one of the team here at Toyota Place today.