2020 Highlander World Debut Drives Toyota Lineup At The New York International Auto Show
2020 Highlander and 2020 Yaris Hatchback make world debut alongside full lineup of latest Toyota vehicles
The much-anticipated 2020 Highlander and 2020 Yaris Hatchback will take center stage on the show floor, where attendees will be among the first to experience the design and unparalleled driving experience of these latest additions to the Toyota lineup. For more information on these and other news from Toyota, tune in to the Toyota Press Conference at 9:10 a.m. EDT on Wednesday, April 17.
Additionally, the 2020 GR Supra makes its New York debut. More than 20 years in the making, the 2020 GR Supra is the first global Toyota GAZOO Racing model with design inspired by Calty’s FT-1 Concept. The Supra goes on sale this summer and the first 1,500 vehicles will be Launch Edition models. The new Supra will feature an exhilarating blend of power, precision and agility thanks to a rear wheel design with a low center of gravity and optimal weight balance. The 2020 model will be powered by a turbocharged inline six-cylinder engine and its 3.0-liter twin-scroll turbo six will produce 335 hp and 365 lb.-ft. of torque and will be teamed with a quick-shifting 8-speed automatic transmission with paddle shifters.
In addition to an up-close look at the newest Toyota vehicles, attendees can also take part in a number of interactive experiences, including:
- GR Supra Driving Simulator: Experience the thrill of getting behind the wheel of the all-new 2020 GR Supra, before it’s available to take out on the open road
- Sienna AWD Zone: Demonstrate driving skills and navigate mock inclement road conditions while testing the only AWD offering on a minivan in the nation
- TSS 2.0 Virtual Reality (VR) In-Car Experience: Take a VR ride with a crash test dummy in the 2019 Corolla Hatchback, experiencing different risk scenarios to understand the importance of Toyota Safety Sense P ™ (TSS-P), Toyota’s multi-feature advanced active safety suite
- Concept i Series Pod VR: Take a virtual ride in one of Toyota’s most futurist concept vehicles – the Concept-i – and experience cutting-edge artificial intelligence and vehicle features representing the future of mobility
Throughout the week, special guests will be visiting the Toyota Live stage for presentations and appearances, including:
- Daryl Homer, Olympic Athlete – Fencing, Team Toyota
Friday, April 19: 1:00 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. EDT
- Antron Brown, NHRA Top Fuel Driver, Toyota Racing
Friday, April 19: 2:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m. EDT
Toyota (NYSE:TM) has been a part of the cultural fabric in the U.S. and North America for 60 years, and is committed to advancing sustainable, next-generation mobility through our Toyota and Lexus brands. During that time, Toyota has created a tremendous value chain as our teams have contributed to world-class design, engineering, and assembly of more than 38 million cars and trucks in North America, where we operate 14 manufacturing plants (10 in the U.S.) and directly employ more than 47,000 people (more than 36,000 in the U.S.). Our 1,800 North American dealerships (nearly 1,500 in the U.S.) sold more than 2.8 million cars and trucks (2.4 million in the U.S.) in 2018 – and about 87 percent of all Toyota vehicles sold over the past 16 years are still on the road today.
Through the Start Your Impossible campaign, Toyota highlights the way it partners with community, civic, academic and governmental organizations to address our society’s most pressing mobility challenges. We believe that when people are free to move, anything is possible. For more information about Toyota, visit www.toyotanewsroom.com.