The 2017 Toyota 86 evokes a pure and unconstrained driving experience. To reflect that experience, Toyota has decided to combine all its features and specs into a single trim level that encompasses the driving thrills and riding comfort you crave.
Powertrains and MPG Ratings
The heart of the 2017 Toyota 86’s engaging and potent drive is a 2.0L four-cylinder engine. Its pistons are horizontally rather than vertically opposed, resulting in perceptively smoother performance, and it sits low in the chassis to maintain an optimal blend of balance and power.
It certainly doesn’t lack for the latter. Stepping on the gas pedal will put up to 205 hp and 156 of torque at your disposal with a manual transmission, or 200 hp and 151 lb-ft of torque with an automatic transmission. Given the fine lines, light weight, and aerodynamic profile of the 86, that kind of power results in track-like acceleration and handling.
The engine can be paired to one of two transmissions:
- 6-Speed Manual Transmission: Exert complete control over shifting and make up to 21 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway.* Toyota promises that this year’s revised version will dramatically improve acceleration.
- 6-Speed Automatic Transmission: Shifts occur seamlessly and effortlessly, and you’ll be able to achieve up to 24 mpg in the city and 32 mpg on the highway.*
The body of the 2017 Toyota 86 was designed to move as gracefully across the road as possible. Here are just a few of the design choices that allow it to move beyond the competition when you hit the gas:
- Unit-Body Construction: For enhanced torsional rigidity. The body is also slung low to the ground to optimize your center of gravity.
- Sport-Tuned Suspension: Revised spring rates and shock components combine with a new sway bar to keep your turns sharp, your grip faultless, and your cruising controlled.
- Classic Sports Car Profile: The long hood and short rear deck mark the 86 as a vehicle inspired by the high-performing greats. Along with a large chin spoiler and integrated canards, the 86 also achieves an astounding drag coefficient of just .27 Cd.
The interior is just as expressive of the 2017 Toyota 86’s attitude. All-new Granlux accents adorn key touch-points across the door panels, seat bolsters, and dash, with embossed “86” logos above the passenger-side glove box. A sport steering wheel comes standard, as do sport seats with silver stitching.
The 2017 Toyota 86’s engaging nature will be all most Orange and Westminster drivers need to entertain themselves. Of course, a diverse string of comfort and convenience features have been added to make your drive just that be easier and more enjoyable.
- Remote Keyless Entry System: Entry is made effortless with the 86. With the Smart Key about your person, you’ll be able to lock or unlock the doors and release the trunk without having to take it out of your pocket.
- Rearview Camera: Hate having to reverse into tight spaces? The 86 is ready to help you; as soon as you enter Reverse, the rearview camera will activate to bring a live video feed of the area behind your 86 to the vehicle’s in-dash display.
- 86 Display Audio: You’ll be able to control every element of your interior atmosphere from a high-resolution 7-inch touchscreen display. Its standard and available amenities include Aha Radio, iPod connectivity, voice recognition, Bluetooth wireless technology, and HD radio.
Superior safety comes as standard with the 2017 Toyota 86. It has been fitted with a comprehensive range of safety features at no added cost, including:
- Anti-lock Brakes
- Traction Control
- Stability Control
- Front-Seat Side Full-Length Side Curtain Airbags
- LATCH (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren)
- Tire Pressure Monitor System (TPMS)
Find Your 2017 86 Today by Visiting Toyota Place in Garden Grove, CA
We’re betting that reading about the 2017 Toyota 86 has piqued your interest. If you’d like to indulge your curiosity, come to Toyota Place today to enjoy a test drive.