Trim Levels and Price
The 2017 Toyota Tacoma presents Orange and Westminster drivers with a range of trim levels to choose from, with options including:
- TRD Sport
- TRD Off-Road
- TRD Pro
Powertrains and MPG Ratings
The 2017 Toyota Tacoma is a vehicle in which innovative breakthroughs meet workhorse capability. That’s largely thanks to its 3.5L Atkinson-cycle direct injection V6 engine, which is able to deliver a perfect fusion of impressive efficiency and pure performance.
The standard 2.7L four-cylinder engine offers 159 hp and 180 lb-ft of torque, and can be had with 2WD or 4WD:
- 2WD: 19 mpg city/23 mpg highway* with a 6-speed automatic transmission.
- 4WD: 19 mpg city/21 mpg highway* with a 5-speed manual transmission, or 19 mpg city/22 mpg highway* with a 6-speed automatic.
There’s also an optional 3.5L V6 that offers 278 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque. It’s also available with 2WD or AWD:
- 2WD: 19 mpg city/24 mpg highway* with a 6-speed automatic transmission.
- 4WD: 17 mpg city/21 mpg highway* with a 6-speed manual transmission, or 18 mpg city/23 mpg highway* with a 6-speed automatic transmission.
If you’re the sort of driver who views the backcountry as their second home, picking up a TRD Off-Road model would be a good shout. In addition to unique styling touches and improved brakes, the TRD Off-Road offers:
- Crawl Control (CRAWL): Independently modulates the throttle and brakes to let you maintain focus on the trail ahead.
- Multi-Terrain Select: Cycle between five separate drive modes to customize your ride to the terrain you’re facing.
Towing and Payload Capacities
With that kind of power beneath the hood and those kinds of top-of-the-line off-road systems, it should come as no surprise to learn that the 2017 Toyota Tacoma brings the big guns when it comes to towing and hauling:
- Towing: Properly equipped, your 2017 Tacoma will be able to tow up to 6,800 pounds.
- Payload: Stack the Tacoma’s bed high and heavy — you can handle a payload of up to 1,440 pounds.
Whether you’re throwing in some dirt bikes, loading an ATV, or hauling a trailer, the Tacoma will be ready to get you where you need to go.
The popularity of the 2017 Toyota Tacoma owes plenty to its power and ability to perform expertly across rough terrain or while carrying heavy loads. Other drivers are attracted by its technologies, and we can hardly blame them.
While its rivals hold fast to the idea that cutting-edge comfort and convenience amenities should be reserved for SUVs and sedans, the Tacoma offers such features as:
- Qi-Compatible Wireless Charging: Hate getting in your vehicle to realize that your cellphone is almost dead? Just place it on the wireless charging platform to replenish the battery as you cruise.
- Entune Audio System: Access your phone, apps, traffic, and weather conditions through the Entune multimedia system’s high-resolution 7-inch touchscreen display.
- Rear Parking Assist Sonar: If you’re not into backing up in a truck, there’s no reason to worry. The Tacoma’s available rear sonar system lets you know how much room you have to work with by using audible warning signals that vary in intensity as you approach obstacles behind your vehicle.
There’s even an integrated GoPro mount on the windshield to let you capture your adventures as they happen, and the bed provides some surprises of its own. The handy in-bed storage system keeps valuables safe, and the easy-lower tailgate drops smoothly for more convenient loading and unloading.
High-strength steel is used throughout the 2017 Tacoma’s body, ensuring rugged toughness for optimized safety. You’ll also be protected by the Star Safety System, which comes as standard with every Tacoma model. The Star Safety System offers:
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)
- Traction Control (TRAC)
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist (BA)
- Smart Stop Technology (SST)
Find Your 2017 Tacoma at Toyota Place in Garden Grove, CA
The 2017 Toyota Tacoma is a breath of fresh air, one that combines serious firepower with the coolest of features. To arrange a test drive near Orange and Westminster, just contact Toyota Place today.