The 2017 Toyota Tundra is rolling into dealerships across Orange and Westminster in six available trim levels.
- SR: Starting at $30,020*, the entry-level SR surprises with a number of premium features, including an integrated backup camera, Entune audio system, and easy lower and lift tailgate.
- SR5: Starting at $31,830*, the SR5 adds fog lights, HD radio, a chrome grille surround, and a 7-inch touchscreen.
- Limited: Starting at $39,280*, the Limited delivers amenities such as heated front bucket seats, dual zone climate control, and an Entune Premium JBL audio system.
- Platinum: Starting at $46,980*, the Platinum offers perforated leather-trimmed seats, integrated navigation, and a host of further upgrades.
- 1794 Edition: Starting at $46,980*, the 1794 provides a Western-themed interior with perforated brown premium leather-trimmed seating and a wood-style trim.
- TRD Pro: Starting at $43,395*, the Pro lives up to its name with TRD Pro Bilstein shocks, a TRD 1/4-inch aluminium front skid plate, and TRD cat-back dual exhaust system.
Powertrains and MPG Ratings
Orange and Westminster drivers can expect a robust lineup of engines from the Tundra, and this year’s model cements the truck’s reputation by offering two top of the line powerhouses.
- i-FORCE 4.6L V8: Benefits from Double Overhead Cams, a 32-valve head design and Dual Independent Variable Valve Timing with intelligence to deliver up to 310-hp and 327 lb.-ft. of torque.
- i-FORCE 5.7L V8: Upgrades your Tundra to pack 381-hp and 401 lb.-ft. of torque. A massive 10.5-inch ring gear is used to maximize available torque.
Both engines come as standard with a 6-speed automatic transmission system, and mileage peaks at a respectable 15 mpg in the city and 19 mpg on the highway**.
The horsepower and torque ratings of the 2017 Toyota Tundra are enough to impress all by themselves, but drivers are still staggered to discover just what kind of payload and towing stats they can deliver.
- Maximum Towing: Properly equipped, the Tundra can haul up to 10,500 lbs.
- Maximum Payload: Pile the bed high and heavy thanks to a 1630 lbs. maximum payload.
There are three available bed lengths (5.5-ft., 6.5-ft., and 8.1-ft.) to help accommodate your needs, and all three are 5.5-ft. wide and 22.2-inches deep to provide plenty of space.
The Tundra’s interior is more luxurious than you might expect, with available options packages bringing wood trims and finely stitched leather seats. Crisp gauges and a driver-focused central stack make for a relaxed driving environment, and the Crew Cab offers additional passenger space.
If you ever need to turn that passenger space into extra cargo room, just use the Tundra’s handy fold-up rear seats.
The 2017 Toyota Tundra’s rugged exterior conceals a number of high-end technologies to help you get the job done in style.
Standard and available features include:
- Entune App Suite: With the innovative App Suite feature, you’ll be able to take advantage of numerous popular mobile applications while you’re driving, all hands-free from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone.
- Integrated Navigation: Heading to your next job in a hurry? Just turn on the navigation system to receive turn-by-turn directions to your destination on a 7-inch touchscreen.
- Backup Camera: Backing up in a vehicle boasting such authoritative dimensions can seem daunting, especially in confined or crowded areas, but the Tundra’s standard wide-angle backup camera makes reversing a breeze.
The 2017 Toyota Tundra presents an aura of toughness that is backed up by an unmatched legacy; of all Tundra models sold during the last 15 years, over 90% are still on the road today.
That speaks volumes of the Tundra’s reliability, and each 2017 model comes fitted as standard with the following protection technologies of the Star Safety System to ensure ongoing safety:
- Vehicle Stability Control (VSC)
- Traction Control (TRAC)
- Anti-lock Brake System (ABS)
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution (EBD)
- Brake Assist (BA)
- Smart Stop Technology (SST)
Toyota’s trust in the Tundra is further underlined by the ToyotaCare coverage package, which comes at no added cost to provide 2 years or 25,000 miles or comprehensive coverage, plus 24-hour roadside assistance for 2 years and unlimited miles.
The 2017 Toyota Tundra is Now Available Across Orange a Westminster
The 2017 Toyota Tundra is an exceptional full-size pickup that is ready to take everything you could throw at it. To find out more, just contact one of the team here at Toyota Place today.